Are you passionate about new projects and software development? And love challenges in a fast-growing team? Then you are the IT whizz (m/v/x) we are looking for to shape our ambitions.
As an IT software and project developer you will work in an enthusiastic team. Together you develop applications for a rapidly changing Research landscape – an exciting and multifaceted challenge!
• You use your IT skills to support our team in realizing research projects, in order to ensure data flow and data visualization tools optimisation.
• You design, develop and maintain code for high-quality, reusable and reliable software applications.
• You identify and correct bottlenecks, and resolve bugs.
• You launch new functionalities.
• You monitor code quality, organization and automation.
• You take care of one or more technologies: from web, mobile apps and APIs to micro services, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
• You become familiar with specific software that is used for research projects.
• You embrace our values: can do, customer focus, involvement, focus and openness.
• You are driven and eager to learn, and you are result-oriented.
• You can work well in a team, and like to share your knowledge and insights.
• You easily make logical connections, and you dare to question things.
• You have a computer science or ‘informatica’ degree
• You have a good knowledge of Dutch or French, and English.
• You have a good basic knowledge of clean code and apply it correctly.
• You are familiar with:
o test driven development
o object oriented programming
o domain driven design
o software design patterns
o databases and data warehousing
• Depending on the technologies you are going to work with, you are familiar with or willing to learn:
o Good knowledge of Microsoft office tools, especially Access and Excel
o Relational databases such as Oracle, NoSQL databases
o Askia programming, data visualization such as PowerBI & Tableau
o Mobile apps, machine learning and artificial intelligence
What can we offer
• A rapidly growing SME with a close-knit team of 45 employees;
• plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development;
• a contract of indefinite duration and an attractive salary package;
• a position in a responsible, socially committed organization where diversity and inclusion are the norm;
• the possibility to work part-time (80 or 90%).