Location: Amsterdam – Netherlands
The Research Executive is focused on learning and building their skills across Quantitative Research.
Day to day you’ll be supporting in all aspects of delivering market research projects, including: development of screeners/questionnaires (with support); liaising with fieldwork and data processing departments; analysing and interpreting data; refining report structures, preparing the graphic reports, and ensuring high quality of data checks.
This role will require working closely with Senior Researchers who have extensive research experience and look to impart knowledge, mentor and develop their colleagues. This role offers an amazing opportunity to start / advance your career.
The main focus of the research executive is to support a smooth execution of projects from A-Z.
- Being an integral part in creating the research that we deliver to clients. Their support to Senior Researchers is imperative to the success of projects.
- Learns how to develop survey designs and project reports, adapts existing questionnaires and creates draft questionnaires that serve as a start and will be reviewed by a senior colleague.
- Supports in the development of fieldwork specifications with final analysis needs in mind. Together with our Project Managers, the research executive ensures a correct data collection for individual projects.
- Supports in refining report structures and ensures high quality of data checks.
- Conducts basic analysis and will prepare the graphic reports, including first conclusions based on the results.
- Under supervision of an experienced colleague, the research executive will support in translating the research questions into analysis design and will look for patterns / trends in the data.
- Aware of different sources available to set the findings in context of the market
- Participate in presentation development and charting slides. Learns what key charts mean and starts to be able to talk knowledgeably about them
- Able to learn the Haystack trademark approach methodologies and start to understand in which circumstances they can be used
- Keeps up to date on relevant industry trends and issues impacting on our client’s business
- Working to ensure project runs to time and budget
Competencies – what we are looking for
- Good overall time management skills and works well to meet timelines.
- Has a passion for research and data.
- Has a good level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Communication is clear and well-structured with clients and the team
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Has an active interest in marketing, the research industry and business issues our clients face
- Interested in new research techniques and committed to go the extra mile
- Is able to manage own time responsibly and multi-task
- Is data-driven with a mindset that is both analytical and creative
- Is hands-on
- Proven team player: supports team members in their roles on projects
- Able to deal with the unexpected and some degree of ‘chaos’
- Asks questions, has natural curiosity, doesn’t take things for granted. Has a studious mindset.
- Is able to build trust in their capabilities amongst colleagues
- Master Degree in Economics, Marketing, Psychology, Communication Sciences or similar
- Fluency in English and Dutch, additional languages are a plus
- Knowledge / use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Data analysis skills using SPSS or other analytical software are highly regarded
- Excellent organization and planning abilities
- A passionate, ambitious and hardworking personality
What can we offer
- A competitive salary pack
- Being part of a talented and ambitious team, with a passion for research
- A fresh-eyed and growing company where entrepreneurship is encouraged
- Challenging projects for an international client base seeking added value
- Customized training plans and exciting career opportunities