We are a global measurement company with more than 40,000 people in over 100 countries. Through a deep research together with science and data, we help clients understand how to act and react to what consumers Watch and Buy. Over the last 95 years, we have been working within the Television, Radio, Books & DVDs, Music, Advertising Agencies, Telecom, Video Games, and Sports sectors with the biggest companies like Coca-cola, PepsiCo, Nestle and much more.
For our Sales/New Business Development team in Brussels, we are looking for an
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPER
The New Business Development (NBD) team is a key team in Nielsen’s strategy. Focused on accelerating our business growth, the NBD team concentrates its efforts to generate short-cycle revenue opportunities for small and medium clients and to grow existing ad-hoc clients.
By being part of this team, you will make contact with potential prospects, visiting all your clients and negotiate data access and consultative analyses to help them better understand their market and drive their growth.
As New Business Developer, your core responsibilities are:
- Own your individual revenue target, monitoring it with tenacity and reacting quickly when necessary
- Develop go-to-market strategies that will deliver maximum reach across the target client portfolio to attract new clients and develop ad-hoc ones
- Create new leads, including cold calling, and prioritize client visits based on sales potential
- Identify upselling opportunities by creating leads for more advanced/customized Nielsen services and transform ad-hoc relationships into continuous contracts.
- Utilize with creativity the tools available within the wider organization to generate leads and develop engagement plans, such as Marketing & Communications calendars, commercial sales drives, category sales data, and CRM toolkits.
- Ensure that all syndicated sales materials, including proposals and marketing information, are consistent and demonstrate best in class within the industry.
- Work with other Nielsen departments to ensure alignment and buy-in.
- Have a master degree or equivalent experience (Business, Economy, Marketing, or related field)
- Have experience of 1-3 years in the FMCG industry or in a New Business/Sales role, preferably consultative (as our team is small and need help asap, we need someone able to jump in the role rapidly this time)
- Be fluent in Dutch, French is an asset
- Be fluent in Business English
On top of these requirements, you’ll have an advantage if you possess one or more of these skills and attitudes:
- Good understanding of FMCG preferably in Market Research and/or Trade/Category management
- Ability to create new leads from cold calling and to prioritize client visits based on sales potential
- Skillful in driving client interest and new business through creative proposal
- Strong negotiator and a deal closer, comfortable in challenging and influencing client at all levels
- Short-term results oriented
- Excellent communication skills, ability to read other’s styles and adapt behavior accordingly
What can we offer
Benefits. We offer a contract for an undetermined period. Besides the salary, you will get the following benefits package: meal vouchers, enrolment to our insurance group program (pension fund, hospitalization, disability insurance…), company car, mobile phone, and as we work 40h/week, you will also get 1 compensation day per full month (up to 12 extra days for a full year).
Training & Development. Nielsen employees are also encouraged to pursue growth opportunities and are provided with professional training to enable them to stay at the forefront of the latest marketing trends.
Culture. Nielsen offers flexible working hours, helping you to create a work/life balance that is right for you. Moreover, you will experience a dynamic, open, international and solution-oriented environment. Being open, personal, connected and useful is woven into Nielsen’s DNA. As part of our culture, our promise to you is that at Nielsen, you can: Be yourself, Make a Difference & Grow With Us.