Always wanted to be the driving force behind our Marketing & Data Science Team? Don’t wait any longer and apply now, Haystack is looking for YOU!
SAY YES IF YOU WANT TO JOIN AN ‘AMAZING PLACE TO WORK’
Founded in Belgium (and really proud of it!), Haystack’s Needlefinders travel the world to help our (multi)national clients find the needle in a haystack. It’s not the easiest challenge, yet one we always accept with great enthusiasm and eagerness in an entrepreneurial spirit.
“At Haystack, we empower people, brands and ideas to reach their full potential”
At Haystack, sensory input, emotion, cognition and context sit at the heart of everything we do. We strongly believe in a holistic approach in a multi-disciplinary context, rooted in innovation. Consumer-centric design thinking sits at our core, we blend trustworthy experts with collaborative, flexible and creative Needlefinders.
Manufacturers, retailers and service providers rely on Haystack as a partner for insights, innovation and technology. Our focus lies within the domains of innovations (from idea whitespace to launch), shopper, brand strategy & communication and experience management. By using passive measurements, digital and analogue qualitative-quantitative and sensory solutions in combination with evidence-based analysis, we shape the client’s business problem to drive commercial impact.
SAY YES IF YOU ARE THE MARKETING AND DATA SCIENTIST DIRECTOR WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As Marketing and Data Science Director , you provide a strong, inspiring and effective leadership to a team of marketing and data scientists, statistician and methodologists. You contribute to strengthen the Haystack brand and positioning. You live and advance Haystack thinking, pushing the boundaries of what we do and how we can evolve to make it even better and relevant. You are a catalyst in change; and the performance and quality improver.
You love to go beyond the numbers and give advice in creating complex research designs and /or complex data modelling; you like to produce reliable predictive and prescriptive insights based on advanced statistical modelling and/or machine learning methodologies
- You find joy in extracting knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data by using scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems
- You bring the insights to our clients, and write pithy, relevant, compelling and actionable summaries, conclusions and implications that give the client strategic advice on where to go next; you communicate complex ideas in simple terms
- You assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods. You actively promote innovations, digitalization, automation in area of expertise: detects needs, defines actions and ensures knowledge sharing through inspiration
- You continually look outside the square and bring new initiatives to the team and the company. You detect business opportunities and put together credentials
- You build and develop strong relationships with all different stakeholders. You possess an in-depth interest in the client’s business and relevant industry trends/issues impacting their business
- You are a true people manager: you motivate and nurture your team through support and guidance, stretching the team’s train of thought and developing capabilities and skills
SAY YES IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE THE ONE
- You have profound knowledge with predictive modelling (statistical and/or machine learning methods) and the main programming languages like R, SAS, Python, SQL,…
- You have knowledge about data visualisation tools
- You have a well-rounded understanding of the marketing research industry
- You love to devour consumer research and psychology matters with an analytical spirit
- You have great “people skills” – enabling you to collaborate with researchers, business management, and clients
- You are a professional and inspiring communicator
- You are pro-active, enthusiastic and a genuine caring person
- You are passionate to team-up, showing the ‘make it happen’ attitude
- You are practical and organizational
- You work independently & result-oriented in an accurate, consistent and proactive manner.
- You have a superior level of verbal and written communication skills in Dutch or French and English
What can we offer
SAY YES IF OUR OFFER CAN DELIGHT YOU
We are investing as much in people as in innovations. We create an environment that offers opportunities to develop and where you feel part of a great, dynamic and passionate team of colleagues and experts. Join a fresh eyed company where ownership and autonomy are encouraged.
- Challenging projects for an international client base seeking added value
- Customized training plans and exciting career opportunities
- A very nice and inspiring office; and top-notch sensory lab in the green suburbs near Leuven
- A competitive salary on top of a set of extra-legal advantages